Friday, December 11, 2009

Ferris In The News

International Student Enjoys Two Passions at Ferris, Tennis and Politics

When Ahmet Kursad Demir realized that he could come to America and receive an education and continue to play tennis like he has been doing for most of his life, he made the journey to the United States. The native of Turkey is attending Ferris State University, located in Big Rapids, Mich., where he also is a member of the school’s tennis team, Voice of America News reports. Political Science is his major and he said he likes that the university is expanding and bringing new opportunities to the students there that will impact the world globally. “Here, I enjoy my political science department. I meet with my teachers and they are very experienced and intelligent people; and the reason why I chose political science is because I have always had a passion for politics,” Demir said. Read more at http://www1.voanews.com/english/news/education/FerrisStateUniv01Nov09-78634532.html

No comments:

Post a Comment