Monday, February 1, 2010

Festival Of The Arts: Children Of The Holocaust

"Children of the Holocaust" Exhibit by Miriam Brysk

Date: Feb. 1-27
Time: Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.;
Saturday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Location: Artworks, 106 N. Michigan Avenue

"Children of the Holocaust" is a series of 27 pieces of work created by self-taught artist Miriam Brysk.

"My life, like my art, has been strongly influenced by my childhood experiences surviving the Nazi Holocaust," says Brysk. "My artistic interest in the Holocaust was fueled by a visit in 2002 to the ghettos and camps of Eastern Europe. Throughout the trip, images of my lost family were creeping back into my consciousness, while childhood fears re-emerged as frightening nightmares. My entire being was shaking in horror as I sobbed for my own lost family and the six million of my people who had so inhumanely and painfully perished. I felt a deep inner need to portray their suffering. I wanted to express these feelings through art."

This event is part of "The Art in the Holocaust" series.

Admission is free of charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment