Thursday, July 22, 2010

Kellogg Named New Women's Soccer Head Coach

Below is an excerpt of a press release that announces Matt Kellogg has been named the new head women's soccer coach at Ferris State University.

Here is part of that news release:

The Ferris State University women's soccer program will have a new leader directing the Bulldogs as Matt Kellogg, an assistant at Morehead (Ky.) State University, has been named FSU's new head women's soccer coach in an announcement made this Monday (July 19) by Ferris State Interim Athletics Director Keri Becker.

Kellogg, who was in his second season at NCAA Division I Morehead (Ky.) State, becomes the fourth head coach in the 11-year history of the FSU women's soccer program. He replaces Neathan Gibson, who resigned in April.

"I've spent the last seven years with the goal of directing a college program and now I'm ready," said Kellogg. "I'm thankful to Keri (Becker) and the administration at Ferris State for giving me an opportunity to show what I can do. I grew up in Michigan so it's going to be nice being close to a lot of my friends and relatives which I haven't seen in a while."

"We are excited Matt Kellogg will become a part of our Bulldog family," said Becker. "He will bring a great deal of game knowledge, recruiting connections, and enthusiasm to the women's soccer program. The team is hungry for a renewed energy that will help them reach their potential and Matt was a great match to lead this team!"

For the full press release, visit the Athletics Web site, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment