Monday, November 22, 2010

Check Out Faces Of Ferris: Anne Sutton

Here is an excerpt from the Faces of Ferris series.

This entry is on Anne Sutton, a Ferris State University volleyball student-athlete, who has artistic talents that have been on display through a popular regional competition in her hometown of Grand Rapids.
Anne Sutton, from a very early age, developed her passion for art – a powerful passion that has stood the test of time – as a young adult and college student.

Sutton, a Grand Rapids native and graduate of Northview High School, is not exactly your typical artist. The 6-foot-2 Ferris State University student-athlete has something else for which her passion burns just as hot – college volleyball. Sutton's talents in both arenas produced local and regional headlines through her participation in a prestigious annual art competition in her hometown. ArtPrize, which presents the world's largest cash award of $250,000 to its first-place winner, welcomed the art work of Sutton earlier this fall.

"When I was younger, I was really interested in art, and every other Sunday I would go down to the Grand Rapids Art Museum to take part in classes," Sutton said to the Grand Rapids Press. "When I got into high school, I took a lot of math and science courses because I thought career choices like medicine were safe bets, but right before I started college, I decided to pick what made me happy."
For the full entry, visit Faces of Ferris: http://www.ferris.edu/htmls/news/faces/sutton/

No comments:

Post a Comment