Applications are due by July 1, 2011 to Rankin Student Center Room 164. The office will notify applicants before the beginning of the school year if their event has been selected.
In order to better assure that an event will be considered a five-star event, here are a few things you should keep in mind.
The event should:
- Be educational in nature or have service learning outcomes.
- Support the university’s mission statement and core values.
- Be open to both the Ferris and Big Rapids communities.
- Have a positive impact on the campus and community.
- Be held on campus (capacity needs to be for over 500 people).
- Adhere to the time guidelines and policies listed on the front of the application.
- Be held after most classes (6:00pm or later) or on weekends.
- Have all of the proper forms filled out prior to submitting this application. (Ex: Use of Grounds/Solicitation Form, RSO Fundraiser Registration Form)
- Event must be fully funded before submitting the application.